Sunday, February 08, 2009

No Way Out (1987)


Stuart's nite. Finally.

Roger Donaldson via Popcorn Reel:

Roger Donaldson, an easygoing persona who looked relaxed and well-rested at a local hotel suite here in town, typically fills his films with energy, passion, sexiness and charm -- take "No Way Out" (1987) for example -- which he said he saw on cable television on a recent late night. He confessed to taping it and then watching it early the following morning. "Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop watching it! I suddenly saw it for what it was . . . I see why it succeeded as it did. The movie has got a great sort of cynical quality to it. It's sexy and it's funny and it's a good thriller. You're not sure how it's gonna turn out. And I think I saw in "The Bank Job" a movie with a similar sort of appeal to me." While the stories in both films are completely different, the director said that in tone the two films probably shared quite a lot in common.

No comments: